Swap is full
1. Each person will be assigned a color. Once all the swap slots are filled, I will email you your color assignment. (red, pink, purple, blue, aqua, green, yellow, orange)
2. Purchase TWO separate yards of fabric in your assigned color.
*No solids please. Take note of the scale of the print as large prints are not best for charm squares. Pick something you LOVE!
Feel free to choose something that has some other colors in it, as long as the fabric reads your color. (Meaning, if you stand back to look at the fabric, there is no question as to what color it is.)
3. Fabric must be designer label, 100% cotton, quality fabric.
No Hancocks, Joanns or Michael's fabrics.
4. Fabric must be new and unwashed and must come from a smoke free environment.
5. Before sending your fabric to me, cut your fabric into 5" x 5" charm squares.
Press your fabric before cutting. You may want to purchase a slight overage in case you make mistakes cutting your charms.
1 yard = 56 charm squares (5" x 5".)
Here's a great tutorial on how to cut fabric into charms by Elizabeth Hartman (<--I heart Elizabeth Hartman).
6. Put your fabric in a ziplock bag and include a 3x5 index card with your name, email address, mailing address, fabric info (designer, manufacturer, line, color.) I will compile a master list of fabrics and email it to you once the swap is complete.
7. In your envelope, include, the charms in ziplock, the index card a PREPAID SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE for me to mail your charms back to you.
8. After all participants have signed up, I will set a deadline for when all charms must be in my hands (approximately a month after the color assignments). I will mail charms back to you the following week.
I will create a Flickr group so we can post pictures of your fabric so we won't have any repeats.
OK, so are you ready to swap a rainbow?
Leave me a comment or send me a message to sign up. I will gather all your personal information after the swap is full. (those who already signed up in the first post don't have to sign up again).
Feel free to share the love and post about the sign ups! :) I can't wait to see what you choose!
Credit must be given to Jennifer of Ellison Lane Quilts as this was how she did her rainbow charm swap that I participated in.
She is pretty much a rock star.