Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Grape Soda with a Splash of Lemon"

My all-time favorite quilt.

Ever.

I started this quilt for myself (I never craft for myself). Then, I decided to give it to someone else. I was sooo in love with it, I took it back for myself. Then, I decided to give it to someone else. Then myself.


All the while, it is still a WIP.

When I finished "Grape Soda with a Splash of Lemon," it was clear that it did not belong to me. The love I put in this quilt needed to have an owner who would love having it even more than I would.

My daughter's best friend (aka my other daughter) was the true owner of this quilt.

Kat got it for Christmas. She has been more attached to Grape Soda with a Splash of Lemon than Linus was with his blanket.

It was hers all along.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Purple is Kat's favorite color and yellow is Mickey's fave (bff's)...so, it's like she always has a little bit of Mickey wrapping around her all the time.

    ReplyDelete